Competition is fierce anywhere in the world. No matter what industry you’re working in, you must ensure that your skills and knowledge stand out from the rest. Of course, don’t forget the professional etiquette you must possess to truly make the cut.
So, if you’re looking for what skills a handyman Singapore should possess, continue reading below.
What is a handyman?
- A person or a company skilled in handling a wide range of home repairs and home improvement jobs
- Considered as a ‘jack of all trades”
Why should you hire a handyman?
- Less expensive
- Most of handymen charge on an hourly basis. If they manage to complete the tasks earlier than expected, then the lesser the overall charge.
- Handymen bring and use their own tools during work, so you don’t need to equip yourself with your own set of tools as well.
- While they bring their own tools, you need to supply the materials to be used. This will allow you to have a wider array of choices considering the cost and quality.
- Saves time
- A handyman can handle different minor home repair and renovation jobs which could cost a lot more for hiring individual skilled persons.
Skills a handyman should possess
- Home exterior repairs
- Able to repair minor damages (loose siding, missing shingle)
- A homeowner can easily do this on their own, but a handyman possesses the right skills and tools for the job.
- Gutter cleaning and maintenance
- A messy job that includes climbing up the gutter through a ladder – not everyone can manage to do that on their own.
- Painting and touch-ups
- Able to perform small painting jobs like painting a wall, garage door, scuff mark touch-ups
- Minor electrical work
- Able to install lighting fixtures safely and without damage
- Minor plumbing work
- Includes installation of new fixtures and repair of leaky faucets
You can always call up the company or the handyman itself for the services they offer.